***Watch the video HERE!***
I love making grilled cheese sandwiches. My grandmother taught me how to make them many years ago in her old cast iron skillet. Now I have her skillet and I make my sandwiches just how she taught me, only I make them with low-carb bread I make from scratch in 90 seconds! It hits just the right spot when I want comfort food, and it makes me feel even better because it reminds me of good times with Grammie. 🙂
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- additional 1 tbsp of butter for grilling
- cheese and any other fillings of choice
- In a medium size bowl whisk the egg with melted butter.
- Add the almond flour, baking powder, and salt and mix well.
- Pour the batter into a microwave safe square dish.
- Microwave for 1.5 min, plus an extra 30 sec if needed. The top should be firm. Then flip the dish over to get the bread out and slice it in half.
- Heat up a frying pan over medium heat and melt the additional tbsp of butter.
- Place the cheese and any other fillings you want between the two pieces of bread and grill the sandwich on each side until golden brown and the cheese melts. Serve.