Just one serving of this delicious salad (and I’m not much of a salad person) has 3.4 grams of net carbs (total carbs minus fiber) and 42.8 grams of protein!
- 8 oz flank or other steak
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- salt & pepper
- 2 big handfuls of fresh arugula
- 1 more tbsp olive oil
- 1 chili pepper seeded and thinly sliced or chili powder to taste
- 2 oz brie
- Season both sides of the steak with salt and pepper and heat up 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet over medium/high heat
- Cook the meat in a skillet (or however you’d like to cook it) for 3-5 minutes per side for medium rare. Transfer on a plate and let it sit for at least 5 minutes before slicing. Slice it into bite-sized pieces.
- Use the same skillet to cook the mushrooms. Add the tbsp of olive oil and add the chopped mushroom and chili pepper into the pan and cook over medium heat for about 5-6 minutes until brown.
- Add the balsamic, salt and pepper and then take it off the heat. Add the heavy cream.
- Add the meat into the pan with the cream and mushrooms and mix until coated, then transfer a serving on top of a big handful or two of arugula and garnish with brie.